Wednesday 9 December 2009

Blog of The Week: Frassy

I'm currently trying to write an article about winter trends for Bristol, all the way from sunny Florida, so naturally I've spent the last hour blog surfing in a bid to become the world's best (or should that be worst?) procrastinator. Thankfully I did though, because that's how I found Frassy, this week's BoW.

I knew I was onto a winner when I clocked the use of 'label maker' fonts - a typeface I've always loved, not to mention label makers in general, of which I which I am a proud owner (geeky, I know). Then came the Polaroids and use of black and white - this may sound cliche, but all are big ticks on my design radar.


Frassy is Audrey Lieghton, the English Lit student based in Spain/Durham with a passion for vintage and all things boho. Each post starts with a famous literary quote, with artfully haphazard shots of her posing in outfits (often charity shop and vintage finds), and the stunted prose reminds me a little of Hunter S. Thompson.

Not only does Audrey have a beautifully presented blog, she also sells her own homemade t-shirts and some vintages pieces on her sister site, Frassy Rags. The only disappointment I found was that a gorgeous worn brown leather bag I had my eye on had already been sold. I'm not sure if the store was a one off thing or how often it is updated but hopefully this stylish student will have more stock soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment