Monday 24 May 2010

Clothes Swap treasures

Apologies for the slacking that has occurred recently - a freelance project has been taking up a lot of my time and when I'm not working the weather has just been too damn lovely to stay inside and blog!

I thought it was about time that I showed off the treasures I found at last weekend's Freakin' Fashion Fair Yeah, using the gorgeous afternoon sunlight as a backdrop. First up is the fantastically kitsch print dress which I think, if the polyester count is anything to go by, is from the 70s. It has a couple of stains and a funky smell to it but is looking much better after a gentle wash.

At present the length is down to my calves, making me look like a midget so I'm planning on chopping off a few inches and using the cut-off as a headband.

Next up is this green woolen shrug from Topshop. This kind of shape isn't normally my thing but I was drawn to the colour and the random lace patterns, which look rather similar to my own haphazard knitting samples from my time at university.



The jury is still out on this grey wool round neck jumper from French Connection. There is beading around the neckline and seams which I don't particularly like but it does fit well and is the perfect shade of grey.

I will take some more photos once I've styled each piece up and done a little tweaking...


No comments:

Post a Comment