Tuesday 1 June 2010

The Best Things In Life Are Free


This is just a quick post to comment on the little surprises that life can throw you. As I was walking up to my friend F's house in Bishopston I noticed a bunch of magazines and CDs sitting on the wall of a front garden with a sign saying 'please help yourself x'. I don't know how long the unwanted bits and bobs had been there but by the time I walked passed there were still a handful of Vogues from 2002/3 and, as luck would have it, the current issue of ELLE!

While I could have easily swiped up most of the magazines I thought I would stick with ELLE as it is current and has some fantastic summer fashion features, cooing over my find the rest of the way.

So often magazines and newspapers are chucked in the recycling bin (which is of course far better than just chucking them away) but this was a really sweet way of de-cluttering and recycling at the same time. Will have to think of this next time I'm forced to part with my own fashion magazines...

No comments:

Post a Comment