Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Wan and Only...


Due to other commitments I couldn't make it to the Fashion Weekender - the 2nd birthday celebrations of Cabot Circus - as mentioned last week, which I was gutted about as it meant missing out on a one-on-one chat with style guru Gok Wan.

Since rising to fame as the presenter of How to Look Good Naked in 2006, Gok has helped a nation of women overcome their fashion fears with encouragement, a pally approach and plenty of flattering underwear to boot. While some women I know aren't fans of his 'Aunty Gok' approach - the boyfriend is convinced he is straight and just camping it up as an excuse to feel up women - I think his approach is fantastic and far more forgiving than some other TV stylists I could mention (Trinny and Susannah, I'm looking at you).

Although I couldn't make it to see Gok in person, the lovely folks at Cabot Circus took the liberty of asking him a few questions on his style secrets and what he really thinks every fashionista should own...

Q. What is your greatest fashion indulgence?

A. My collection of vintage trainers and my favourite second hand leather jacket.


Q. What is your life’s motto?

A. It’s not what you know, it’s what you know when you know it!


Q. Best shopping experience?

A. They’re all great! I love to shop and I really feel my hard work and dedication has made me King of the Tills!


Q. What do you love about fashion?

A. It’s power to transform both your appearance and your mood.


Q. What are your favourite words or phrases?

A. Probably ‘gorgeous’ and ‘bangers’!


Q. What one item of clothing makes all women look good?

A. Every woman should own a little black dress - it's a timeless classic but it must suit you.


Q. What's the best thing for smoothing out lumps and bumps?

A. Good underwear!


Q. What is the best style advice you give to women?

A. Get your foundations right. You cannot dress anything unless what's underneath is all in the right proportion.


Q. Which celebrity's style do you admire the most?

A. I think SJP* is consistent and I also like what Florence from Florence + The Machine is doing


*Sadly I think the answer to this question applies to the other SJP... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment