Monday 6 September 2010

Consumed by Clothes

Sometimes I wonder why I write about certain topics and other times I feel like I was born to put pen to paper, or fingers to the keyboard as is more often the case. My current article for Running in Heels is a mix of the two. I know I'm happy writing about clothes (God knows I have enough) but this time I took on the topic of what to do when you have too many clothes.

Just like the fictional Rebecca Bloomwood of the Shopaholics novels, who is something of a hypocrite when it comes to lectureing others on their finances, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel hypocritical giving advice on how to manage under a mountain of clothes.

Now don't get me wrong, I do try very hard to keep my closet in check but it isn't easy and takes discipline. Especially when my wardrobe isn't big enough to cope with my shopping addiction. I fully believe that even with Carrie Bradshaw's ridiculous wardrobe from the SATC movie I would still struggle to fit in all my bags, shoes and dress. However, one really must practice what one preaches so if you'll excuse me I need to tidy up my chest of drawers...

No comments:

Post a Comment